Shopping in New York

As you know from my previous trips here and here, NYC is my home.  I can't get enough of the sounds, the smells, the food, the theatre, and the shopping!  It took me only 32 minutes to make a dent in my wallet with a ring, pendant, and earring purchase, followed by my coveted Jessica Simpson shoe splurge.

I wasn't planning on buying any jewelry, but I stumbled into the place on my way out of my favorite NYC sandwich joint, Cosí.  It's called Secret of Treasures (488 7th Ave, New York 10018) and everything is approximately $2.99 and under, so it's a costume jewelry fan's dream.   I scooped up a Murano glass ring.


How can you resist?  This colorful pile of Murano glass pendants was so enticing.  I only picked up one, but I could have sorted through the pile for days.  I also grabbed a pair of earrings bringing my shopping total to $9.77 for three pieces of jewelry.  Now, that's what I call a bargain!


Finally, you know I have been coveting these shoes from Jessica Simpson.   The girl may be a mediocre singer and actress, but she has a billion dollar fashion empire.  Yes, I said BILLION.  These are the Dany shoes that department stores and online sites cannot keep in stock.  It is a huge 5" heel with a 2" platform heel, but they are comfortable and easy to walk in.  I wish it was warm in NYC right now so I could sport them to the theatre tonight.  I think I have finished with my shopping here in the city, but I still have another 12 days to go.........wish me luck!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 Oscars Red Carpet Live | Powered by Blogger | Built on the Blogger Template Valid X/HTML (Just Home Page) | Design: Choen | PageNav: Abu Farhan