Godspell: I'm a Broadway Producer!




I never thought I would ever utter those words in my lifetime, but this musical theatre geek can finally add "Broadway Producer" to her resumé.  Godspell is being mounted for the 2011-2012 Broadway season by Davenport Theatrical Enterprises, helmed by my friend, Ken Davenport and it is being directed by my Stagedoor Manor pal, Daniel Goldstein.  While you think I may have an inside connection to helping to fund the show, I have the same opportunity as you do.  Godspell is the first Broadway show to utilize crowdfunding as a source of revenue to help mount the show.  To invest, units go for $100 with a minimum purchase of 10 units to participate. So, for $1000, you can be a Broadway producer and should the production make its money back, everyone who invests gets to share in the profits.  Cool idea, right?




Check out the wall of people who have participated so far (Can you find my name?).  If you want more information, head over to the People of Godspell or learn more about producing and marketing at Ken's site.  


I'll see you on opening night!




  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 Oscars Red Carpet Live | Powered by Blogger | Built on the Blogger Template Valid X/HTML (Just Home Page) | Design: Choen | PageNav: Abu Farhan