My Oscar Shoes...I Think...

We are less than a week away from the big night and besides covering events, I am busy trying to help coordinate my overall look for Sunday with my stylist, Roni B. I think I have my shoes.  I say "think" because my dress is long and the heels need to be high...sky high.  I really love the pair that I have, but we may have to go in another direction if I need more height.

After I mentioned that I finally had shoes for the Oscars, I received this tweet from one of my followers, Ronnie:


I responded with, "Height, comfort, fashion. In that order."

I wish it were easy to just select any old random shoe, but this year, my shoes count. I am showing a lot of leg in my dress and you are going to see my shoes. However, I've always worn broken-in shoes to the big day and this year, I am wearing brand new shoes with a little trepidation.  I don't want blisters!  I know my feet will hurt after a long day, but blisters are the worst.

I will be in those shoes from 10am PT until I can slip them off my feet when I am backstage in the press  room.  So, wish me well and tell the shoe gods to be good to me.

I also have to say that it was the first pair of shoes I have bought in a store in ages. I am a huge online shopper, so it was unusual to be in a mall on a Monday night trying on shoes. As a part of the #MySmarterCommerce campaign with IBM, I felt a little old school being in a store instead of behind a keyboard for that purchase.

Let's take a sneak peek at my shoes for Sunday.  May I present...Stuart Weitzman's Gloso shoe.  While I would like to call these an "investment shoe," I will say I bought my first pair of Weitzman's in 2007 and I haven't regretted a second of that purchase.  While they are not a shoe I wear every day, they have served me well on the red carpet. In fact, you can see the shoe here and here.  I am not showing you the dress until Sunday, but there is a little glimpse of the dress in yesterday's post if you are curious.

So, what do you think of the shoes?  Give me your honest opinion in the comments below.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 Oscars Red Carpet Live | Powered by Blogger | Built on the Blogger Template Valid X/HTML (Just Home Page) | Design: Choen | PageNav: Abu Farhan