SNOB Film Festival stacked up with Sundance

So, as I said in my last post, I'm perusing around the internet for recent coverage of all that is New Hampshire film, right? And I come across this article in the American Journalism Review (August/September 2007) about how film critics are possibly becoming a dying breed and that many publications are cutting costs and sending their critics packing. It's an interesting piece. I became giddy, however, when I read this paragraph:

"
There will be more than 170 film festivals in the United States this year, in locales from Park City, Utah (Sundance), to Concord, New Hampshire (the Somewhat North of Boston, or SNOB, Film Festival), according to the Internet Movie Database. Many local and state governments fund robust incentive programs to lure production companies. And with advances in digital video, local filmmakers are becoming ubiquitous."

Okay, so its one line - but hoorah for SNOB for being mentioned in the same breath as Sundance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 Oscars Red Carpet Live | Powered by Blogger | Built on the Blogger Template Valid X/HTML (Just Home Page) | Design: Choen | PageNav: Abu Farhan